How can we help?
Introduction to ESET Security Management Center
Welcome to ESET Security Management Center (ESMC) version 7.0. ESET Security Management Center allows you to manage ESET products on workstations, servers and mobile devices in a networked environment from one central location. Using the ESET Security Management Center Web Console (ESMC Web Console), you can deploy ESET solutions, manage tasks, enforce security policies, monitor system status and quickly respond to problems or threats on remote computers. See also ESMC architecture and infrastructure elements overview
ESMC is made up of the following components:
• ESMC Server – ESMC Server can be installed on Windows as well as Linux servers and also comes as a Virtual Appliance. It handles communication with Agents, and collects and stores application data in the database.
• ESMC Web Console – ESMC Web Console replaces ERA Console in older (v5) versions, and is the primary interface that allows you to manage client computers in your environment. It displays an overview of the status of clients on your network and allows you to deploy ESET solutions to unmanaged computers remotely. After you install ESET Security Management Center Server (ESMC Server), you can access the Web Console using your web browser. If you choose to make the web server available via the Internet, you can use ESMC from any place and/or device with an Internet connection.
• ESET Management Agent – The ESET Management Agent facilitates communication between the ESMC Server and client computers. The Agent must be installed on client computer to establish communication between that computer and the ESMC Server. Because it is located on the client computer and can store multiple security scenarios, use of the ESET Management Agent significantly lowers reaction time to new threats. Using ESMC Web Console, you can deploy the ESET Management Agent to unmanaged computers identified by Active Directory or ESET RD Sensor. You can also manually install the ESET Management Agent on client computers if necessary.
• Rogue Detection Sensor – ESMC Rogue Detection Sensor detects unmanaged computers present on your network and sends their information to the ESMC Server. This allows you to easily add new client computers to your secured network. RD Sensor remembers computers that have been discovered and will not send the same information twice.
• Apache HTTP Proxy – Is a service that can be used in combination with ESET Security Management Center to:
- Distribute updates to client computers and installation packages to the ESET Management Agent.
- Forward communication with ESET Management Agents to the ESMC Server.
• Mobile Device Connector – Is a component that allows for Mobile Device Management with ESET Security Management Center, permitting you to manage mobile devices (Android and iOS) and administer ESET Endpoint Security for Android.
• ESMC Virtual Appliance – The ESMC VA is intended for users who want to run ESET Security Management Center (ESMC) in a virtualized environment.
• ESET Security Management Center Virtual Agent Host – A component of the ESET Security Management Center that virtualizes agent entities to allow for the management of agent-less virtual machines. This solution enables automation, dynamic group utilization and the same level of task management as ESET Management Agent on physical computers. The Virtual Agent collects information from virtual machines and sends it to the ESMC Server.
• Mirror Tool – The mirror tool is necessary for offline modules updates. If your client computers do not have an internet connection, you can use the Mirror Tool to download update files from ESET update servers and store them locally.
• Migration Assistant – Migration assistant is designed to help you migrate from ERA 5 to ESMC 7. The Assistant is a standalone application that uses a wizard to provide straightforward migration of ERA 5.x data into an intermediate database that can then be imported into ESMC 7.
• ESET Remote Deployment Tool – This tool serves to deploy All-in-one packages created in the ESMC Web Console. It is a convenient way to distribute ESET Management Agent with an ESET product on computers over a network.
• ESET Business Account – The new licensing portal for ESET business products allows you to manage licenses. See the ESET Business Account section of this document for instructions to activate your product, or see the ESET Business Account User Guide for more information about using the ESET Business Account. If you already have an ESET-issued Username and Password that you want to convert to a License Key, see the Convert legacy license credentials section.
• ESET Enterprise Inspector – A comprehensive Endpoint Detection and Response system that includes features such as: incident detection, incident management and response, data collection, indicators of compromise detection, anomaly detection, behavior detection and policy violations.