ESET Endpoint Encryption Diagnostics Utility
- You have been asked to generate a log using the diagnostic utility.
The diagnostics utility gathers information about the software that can not be obtained if you run it in another user context.
- Login to Windows as the user experiencing the problem.
- Click the following link to download the diagnostics utility: ESET Endpoint Encryption Diagnostics Utility
|Version||Last Updated||SHA256 Hash|
- Run the diagnostics utility.
- Click Next.
- The diagnostics utility will collect the necessary information.
- While collecting information, the diagnostics utility will attempt to elevate to gather additional information.
- Users with Administrator rights: Click Yes to accept the UAC prompt.
- Users without Administrator rights: Click OK and enter Administrator credentials when prompted.
- Unable to run with Administrator rights: If it is not possible to elevate the diagnostics utility, then additional information may be requested.Click No to skip the Administrative component. If you entered the credentials incorrectly, click Yes and enter them again.
- The Admin activity window will now run. The diagnostics utility searches the system for specific EEE and EFDE files. It does not read, catalog, analyze or store anything relating to other files, unless if they are .dat files. In these instances, the file will be read to determine if it matches our specific header and ignored otherwise.
- Once the diagnostics utility has completed, a .zip file will be created on the Desktop with a filename beginning eediag_log followed by the current time and date in UTC format.
The diagnostics utility gathers information about the machine’s configuration and the user’s settings. Information regarding the machine’s Full Disk Encryption and the server cloud packets are kept in an encrypted state, which are inaccessible by anyone outside of your organization.
As of Version 126.96.36.199 and later, the following files may appear in the ZIP file:
|admin_log.txt||Contains information gathered via the Administrative component, locations of software files, Key-Files, active processes, driver information and disk information||Always (Admin)|
|blat_log.txt||Contains information related to upgrade processes used during installation and upgrades||Always|
|current_dlploy.txt||Contains logging information about cloud communications within a managed environment||Managed|
|dlpcrashdumps.txt||Contains information about any components that have generated crash dumps||Always|
|eediag_log_||Contains information gathered whilst running in the User context, including current Key-File state and some system information||Always|
|evt_application.txt||Contains recent entries in the machines Application event log||Always|
|evt_crash.txt||Contains a log of all application crashes recorded in the Application event log||Always|
|evt_deslock.txt||Contains recent entries in the machines Endpoint Encryption event log||Always|
|evt_power.txt||Contains a log of power events, start up, shutdown and power interruptions||Always|
|evt_system.txt||Contains recent entries in the System event log||Always|
|SafeStart.txt||Contains information reported by FDE Safe Start, if it was used||Always|
|Services.txt||Contains information about all currently installed Services||Always|
|sysinfo.txt||Contains information that is normally sent back to an Enterprise Server||Always|
|system.nfo||Contains an export from MSInfo32, a Microsoft system information tool||Always (Admin)|
|update_db.xml||Contains encrypted copies of updates and responses when is used in a managed environment||Managed|
|x_dlploadr.bin||Contains the FDE meta data, where x will be the drive letter the file was found on||FDE Encrypted|
|_dlploy.txt||Contains logging information about cloud communications within a managed environment, one for each user profile found||Managed (Admin)|
|_esdirect.txt||Contains logging information for the auto-enrollment feature in a managed environment, one for each user profile found||Managed (Admin)|
|efde_ais_||Contains logging information for the EFDE service||EFDE Only|
|Status||Contains information in relation to the current EFDE status||EFDE Only|
Please do not modify the contents of the ZIP file.